Tuesday, October 14, 2008





Jack snuck my camera out of my bag while we were studying and took the picture above.

I signed up for a meditation class, and my first class is tonight.  It is in town, a pretty short walk from my dorm.  The sign I read said it would help to manage stress, so hopefully it does!  Now that I am all caught up (and not sick anymore), it is much easier to get all my work done.  I got a 97 on my first midterm (sociology)!  So that brightened my week.  

My sociology class is now talking about welfare and welfare reform, which is very interesting.  It makes me feel very lucky to have been born where I was social-class wise, because it opportunities are so much more closed to those born into poor families.  I feel very lucky to be getting a college education, I know how expensive it is.   One of our sociology projects is to make a survey and ask 10 Knox students.  The two others in my group will also ask 10 students, so we will have a total of 30 asked.  The survey is to gain some sort of insight into what college student's views are of welfare in general.  I know for myself, I knew almost nothing before I took this class; I'm sure people I ask will be in the same boat.

  I got my absentee ballot in the mail, so I better fill it out!  I have to find a notary official first, but then I will send it in!  Minnesota needs my vote more than Illinois.


Kate


No comments: